Advanced Layout Tools -
» What's new in this version
The PictureViewer Pack contains 2 picture viewer controls to allow you to browse through pictures that may be saved in your ACT! fields or not and a replacement control for the standard ACT! picture field.
These viewers are the best way to display pictures in ACT! without using a lot of screen space. Pictures are automatically resized to fit the viewer, you can assign them a title, rotate and sort them. Browsing pictures is easy. Clicking a picture will open it in its own window.
right-click the animation and choose play to replay
The two browser controls are the PictureViewer control and the PictureFieldViewer control. They basically provide the same functionalities. PictureViewer allows to browse pictures saved outside of ACT! whereas PictureFieldViewer allows to browse pictures contained in your ACT! fields (see the online help on why you might want to use one or the other).
Here are some of the features of the two controls:
- you may add as many pictures as you want (PictureViewer) or up to 20 pictures (PictureFieldViewer)
- pictures are automatically resized to fit the viewer size
- you may add a title to each of the pictures
- clicking a picture will open the it in a separate window (or you favorite picture editing application).
- you may rotate pictures
- you may customize the control appearance (size, font, color)
The Advanced Picture field has several features allowing database administrators to limit the size and weight of the pictures stored in ACT!. It is essential to prevent the database from growing because of poor management of picture sizes. It also has a Save as file option.
What's new in the version for ACT! 2010/11
- New Advanced Picture Field limits the size and weight of pictures stored in ACT!.
- You may now display pictures stored in a Web server (PictureViewer only).
- All controls may be used in the new opportunity layout.
- You now have access to online help through the Help>Online help menu.
» The best way to discover this add-on
is to browse its online help
Additional information found at BestACTAddons.com